- Financial support. The bottom line is that we can't acquire everything for free. As a registered Microsoft Refurbisher, we experience significant expenses for XP and Win7 licenses. While we we are a volunteer organization and a registered charity, it takes money to run an office, set up storage, buy the MS licenses, and patch together the hardware, screens, mice and keyboards. Please help in any amount you can.
- P4 laptops and desktops. This is our minimum standard for machines. While we are giving equipment away for free, we need to ensure we give our clients the absolute best that we can. Also, we don't accept printers, scanners or fax machines. Note: We do accept Apple Computers but do so as a donation, rather than a PC that we refurbish.
- We also love large batches of identical machines! The time to refurbish a unique computer is about 4 hours. The time required to refurbish one computer in a batch of identical computers is about 35 minutes. So, if you or your company is upgrading, we would love to help recycle your computers. We know there is a strong movement to move old equipment through leasing and hardware management companies. These groups are critical to helping as many kids as possible. Please instruct your leasing company to send them to LittleGeeks.
- We have a huge need for LCD monitors. They take up less room than a CRT monitor and they are much lighter - but, they last longer too. So, when companies upgrade their hardware, often, the screens are still workable, so, we have many more PCs than screens. Our clients ask for these monitors all the time and it's nice to exceed the expectations of the customer.
- Volunteer support - we would like to establish program(s) with high schools who want to partner to help students participate in community service. We provide the PCs and the training - the kids provide the hours.
How do you donate? Canada Helps is a charitable agency that acts as a donation facilitator. Tax receipts are issued almost immediately. Click the button to visit their site and make your donation - our role is to make it as simple as possible for you to support our work with the kids in the GTA.
|Thanks for your help !|
Corporate partnership information, or equipment to donate? Please contact Chair, Hamish Sutherland.